Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day Kickoff!

Well it's official, the year has begun and KD is off to a great start!  We completed the first full day with absolutely no tears and lots of smiles!  I am proud of your kindergartner and how well they followed directions and listened.  The first day of Kindergarten is always a mixture of excitement and nervousness (for all parties involved).  The anticipation of a new class is thrilling, yet scary. Year after year, I find myself unable to sleep the night before.  I go over my lessons and attempt to organize my thoughts so that I can include everything I want to say.   Then, the day arrives and it's a continuous pattern of explain, model, practice, explain, model, practice.  I must say they did a nice job listening to all the directions and were willing participants when I asked them to practice each routine.  Although, the first day is a lot of listening to the teacher explain, explain, explain, we did have lots of fun and I hope they came home and told you all about it!  We played a few name games, practiced our letters, toured the school, wrote our name, explored centers, and we even managed to sing a few songs.  I always love to sit back and watch as new friendships form and laughter fills the room.  I have come to admire this grade level and I love to watch the magic and excitement each child has for learning and exploring.  I look forward to working with your child throughout their time in kindergarten and I cannot wait to see how the year unfolds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment